home aboutus etsyshop contact Image Map

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Incredible Hulk Baby Costume

**UPDATE:  If you are looking to purchase this costume, please click HERE**

Last week, I showed you the {sweet little ghost costume} I had just finished up.
This week, I'm showing off a custom order request from one of my most loyal customers.
She wanted her almost 1 year old to be The Hulk for Halloween this year.
After mulling it around a bit, this is what I came up with.
(And luckily, my daughter is the same size, so I had a model to work with!)


For the top, I took a onesie (one size too small), cut a few holes in the chest and the arms. I then lined those holes from the inside with green fabric to make it look like green muscles were bulging out.  I also added some padding to the inner chest area to make it look like his chest is bulging.

I frayed the fabric a little bit in the front along the neckline, and jaggedly cut the sleeves off.  Once I cut those, I roughed them up a bit too.  Can't have The Hulk looking too nice and orderly!
I also slashed a piece in the back.

The waist, I think, is my favorite part.
All I did was very carefully, cut a few holes in the front side of the waistband, so I wouldn't ruin the elastic that was already in there.  I then took a piece of rope and shoved it in there with the elastic.  That way, the waistband wasn't compromised, but I still had a casing for the rope.

And then I repeated the same process I used on the shirt; lining holes with the same green fabric and slicing up the hemline.

There you go!  Another fun, unique and not too difficult Halloween costume for your little one this year!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that's adorable! Great idea!

Emily @ My Love for Words said...

Too cute! I may have to do this for my son. Thanks for linking up at the Lovely Ladies Linky! I'll be featuring this on my facebook page tomorrow night :)

Katie @ Made to be a Momma. said...

This is a great idea! How cute! I would love to have you share this at my link party! http://www.madetobeamomma.com/2013/09/homemade-by-you-69.html

Cutesy Crafts said...

Oh my goodness! So cute! If he would keep a mask on, you'd have to make the hulk mask on my blog. http://www.cutesycrafts.com/2012/07/superhero-party-masks.html So fun!

Sian said...

Gorgeous! Love this little costume.

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

This is absolutely adorable, Alyssa! (Thanks for not painting him green!) So creative. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...